The World Cup Final in Modern Pentathlon will open in Nizhniy Novgorod where two Kazakhstan`s athletes are taking part.
To this stage the pentathletes entered the 36-year-strongest rating in the first four stages are allowed to participate. Kazakhstanis Pavel Il'yashenko and Arina Dzhiyenbalanova became the finalists. The head coach of Kazakhstan Vadim Chudnovsky preferred not to reveal all the plans of the guys in the interview for Vesti.kz:
- Pavel Il'yashenko now is preparing on Kapchagay`s base. Arina Dzhiyenbalanova trains in Almaty - Chudnovsky said – On 29 May we fly to Russia. I will not make predictions until we are in Nizhniy Novgorod.
- Are you contented with the results showed by athletes on the World Cup`s stages?
- Pavel and Arina are in good shape. Dzhiyenbalanova competed in two stages where she took the 11th and 9th place. Considering the fact that she is a junior, she shows normal indexes. She shows low results in swimming, but when she improves it, she can take higher places.
As for Il'yashenko, last year, his best result at the World Cup was fourth place, this season he got the tenth. But Pavel became to compete more stable. In 2012 at the World Cup in the United States, he could not get to the final, while he was selected to Brazil with great difficulty. This time in two stages Il'yashenko confidently got into the finals. But we are waiting for him for more than a strong performance. I think, he has to get into the top ten in the world ranking according to season`s results.
- There was a generational change, in the national team. How do the athletes, completed a career, help to pentathletes?
- Arina Dzhiyenbalanovoy has her mother her personal trainer, which is not surprising. Another Kazakh athlete Nurjan Kusmoladnov wants to coach. Now we are looking for him a position. Eugeniy Tebenkov prepares children in Kyzylorda, where he opened a branch of modern pentathlon. We try to involve everyone.
The World Cup Final of Modern Pentathlon will be held in Nizhniy Novgorod from May 31 to June 2.